Welcome to Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF), India’s first non-profit NGO which does not accept donations or funds but instead puts donors in touch with schools/institutes/candidates directly.
KGEF is a non-profit NGO in Mumbai registered with the Government of India.
You agree that your use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time and from time to time; the date of the most recent changes or revisions will appear on this page. Continued access to the website by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, please do not use this website.
For the following Terms and Conditions, the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to the above mentioned organisation – Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF):
1. Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) aims to put donors in touch with institutes/schools/candidates directly. KGEF maintains a complete database of institutes/schools/candidates that are in severe need of funding. KGEF interviews candidates and does complete vigilance on such institutes/schools/candidates so as to put forth an honest and complete picture of the institutes/schools/candidates. However, KGEF does this vigilance to the best of their abilities and undertakes no responsibility for the accuracy of such institutes/schools/candidates. By making any donation or offer of donation to such institutes/schools/candidates, you agree that you are doing so at your own risk. You further agree to indemnify KGEF from any mishaps, errors, omissions or representations made by KGEF.
2. Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) will moderate discussion groups and individual posts as much as possible. However, it is your responsibility not to post any messages which are obscene, vulgar, sexually offensive, hateful, threatening or otherwise prohibited by any law in India and/or your local area.
3. The materials contained on this website are provided by us as a service to you for your noncommercial, personal use on an “as is, as available” basis and may be used by you for information purposes only. You acknowledge that you are using this website at your own risk.
4. We do not assume any responsibility for error or omissions in these materials. We make no commitment to update the information contained herein.
5. Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) does not control and are not responsible for, any third-party site to which this website links.
6. We make no, and expressly disclaims any and all, representations or warranties, expressed or implied, regarding our website, including without limitation the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of text, graphics, links, products and services, and other items accessed from or via the website, or that the website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. No advice or information given by us or any other party on the website shall create any warranty or liability.
7. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials at the website in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. Under no circumstances shall Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) or any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, or agents be held liable for any damages, whether direct, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential, and including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, arising from or in connection with your use, reliance on, or performance of the information on the website.
8. Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) periodically schedules system downtime for maintenance and other purposes. Unplanned outages also may occur. We shall have no liability for the resulting unavailability of the website or for any loss of data or transactions caused by planned or unplanned system outages, or any outages of webhost providers or the Internet infrastructure and network external to the website.
9. Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) generally collects personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, with your specific knowledge and consent.
10. You may be asked to supply certain personally identifying information, which is then retained by us. If you choose to give us personally identifying information at such time, such information will be retained by us and used only to provide you with products or services you have requested, or with additional information from Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF), or selected outside companies whose products or services we feel may be of use to you.
If, at some point after giving us your personally identifying information, you do not wish to continue to receive additional information from Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF), its affiliates, or selected outside companies, in general, you may opt out by sending an email with the words “unsubscribe” in the subject line of your email.
11. We reserve the right to use individual information to create aggregated data about users in order to develop statistics about activity on and visitors to our website. In addition, Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) may disclose personal information if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the website; or (4) protect the personal safety, property, or rights of our users or the public.
12. “Cookies” are pieces of information that are placed by a Web site in a storage place on your computer. Cookies do not contain information that is, in itself, personally identifying. We place cookies on your computer in a limited way to help deliver advertisements, to calculate unique site visitors, and to track usage throughout our site. Other uses include placement of cookies to make the login process more convenient for users of our premium online content. In addition, some advertisers may place cookies on your computer. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers.
14. No one under the age of 18 should provide any personal information. In general, Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from people under 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete this information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe the website has any information about anyone under the age 18, please contact us.
15. All materials published on this website are protected by international copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, resold, displayed, broadcast, or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express written permission of Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF).
16. You agree to indemnify Karan Gupta Education Foundation (KGEF) and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, and agents, against, and to hold each of them harmless from, any and all claims and liabilities that may arise from your submissions, from your authorized and unauthorized use of material obtained from this website, from your breach of these Terms and Conditions, and from any such acts arising through your use of the website.
17. All content on this site is owned by Karan Gupta Education Foundation and is protected under international copyright laws. No part of the content can be reproduced in any form without Karan Gupta Education Foundation’s prior written permission. Karan Gupta Education Foundation will not be held responsible for the content of the website including accuracy and effects.
18. All disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of competent courts in Mumbai, India only.
Terms and Conditions for Scholarship
1. Scholarships are for studies undertaken in India, and for Indian nationals only.
2. Decision of the Trust / Foundation with regard to selection will be final. No correspondence on the selection process will be entertained.
3. Two letters of recommendation from people who know you and can vouch for you. These letters can be from anyone but not immediate family members
4. KGEF is a non-profit trust in Mumbai and has no political, religious or government affiliation.
5. Filling and submitting this application form in no way guarantees a scholarship or a promise to funds or money of any sort.
6. Applications are to be submitted online or by post only. No walk-in inquires / submission will be permitted.
7. If you are granted a scholarship, the money will directly be given to your institute.
8. There is no guarantee that the scholarship can be given year after year. A new application must be made for each additional year that the scholarship is required for.
9. Preference for scholarships will be given to people who are in the lowest income bracket or people whose education has been interrupted due to lack of funding.
10. The decisions of the Trustees, with regard to scholarships are made on the basis of merit, financial need, character, aptitude and ambition of the candidate.
11. Application dates may be set forth by KGEF and no applications received after the date will be considered.
12. If KGEF discovers that you have falsified, omitted or lied on the application, your application will be denied and you will be barred from applying again.
13. If you are awarded a scholarship to undertake to (a) commence your studies from a date fixed by the Trustees and work diligently, striving to get the best grades in class (b) You will not change your course without written permission from the trustees (c) You will not claim or request any additional expenditure from KGEF other than the amount sanctioned by KGEF during the application process (d) If during the period of the scholarship, the candidate receives any other scholarship or other pecuniary emoluments or comes into possession of any independent means, you will immediately inform KGEF and the trustees shall have the right to immediately discontinue or withdraw any scholarship given to you (e) If in the judgment of the Trustees, a candidate who is awarded a scholarship is guilty of serious misconduct or idleness of fails to maintain a reasonable standard or proficiency or ceases to pursue his / her study or training or there is any breach of the agreement mentioned above, the Trustees may deprive the candidate of his / her scholarship. The decision of the Trustees under the provision shall be final in each case and shall not be liable to be questioned in any manner whatsoever.
14. You agree and allow KGEF to upload on their website, all documents submitted along with and including this application form. You authorize KGEF to publish your information on any media so as to obtain scholarships for you or others.